What's new in Windows Server 2019
• Cloud technologies and Windows containers provide increased speed and flexibility
• Failover clustering to increase the loading capacity during temporary storage or network failures
• Secure server system management through new server roles and minimal execution in the nano server without graphical user
interface for more performance and reduced maintenance requirements
• Storage Replica provides a preventive protection against failures
• Storage Spaces Direct enables the creation of scalable, highly available storage systems with local storage
• Shielded Virtual Machines protect your data within VMs against unauthorized access
• Software Defined Networking (SDN) functions for centrally managing and configuring physical and virtual network devices such as
routers, switches, or gateways
• Advanced security with Windows Server 2019 Data Center
Advanced security with Windows Server 2019
Microsoft Windows Server 2019 supports you with a "zero trust" security approach that is embedded in the hardware to help protect
you against the latest threats. Resources in shared environments are protected by shielded virtual machines that provide isolation
between the underlying host and virtual machines. The "Host Guardian Service", a new Windows Server role, allows trusted hosts to
be detected. In addition, the "Just In Time" and the "Just Enough" administration enable rules for restricting administrator
access. Windows Server 2019 Data Center therefore offers added value in terms of security.
FEATURES OF WINDOWS SERVER 2019
·Cluster Sets, the new cloud scale-out technology, is a loosely-coupled grouping of multiple Failover Clusters: compute, storage
or hyper-converged. Cluster Sets technology will enable virtual machine fluidity across member clusters within a Cluster Set and a
unified storage namespace across the “set” in support of virtual machine fluidity.
· Failover Cluster without NTLM authentication, which allows failover clusters to be deployed in environments where NTLM has been
· Shielded VM’s Offline mode, Alternate HGS and Shielded Linux support, which allows you to run HyperV shielded virtual machines on hosts that suffer intermittent connectivity to their Host Guardian Service (HGS). The fallback HGS will allow you to configure a second set of URLs for Hyper-V to try if it can’t reach the primary HGS server.
· Shielded VM’s Alternate HGS, which allows you to run HyperV shielded virtual machines on hosts that suffer intermittent connectivity to their Host Guardian Service (HGS). The fallback HGS will allow you to configure a second set of URLs for Hyper-V to try if it can’t reach the primary HGS server.
· Shielded VM’s Offline mode, which takes the high availability promise for shielded VMs one step further and allows you to continue to start up a shielded VM even if the host’s primary and fallback HGSs can’t be reached. Shielded VM’s Shielded Linux support, for customers that run mixed-OS environments, Microsoft now supports Ubuntu, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Shielded virtual machines. Encrypted Network in SDN, which provides simple to configure DTLS-based encryption using the Network Controller to manage the end-to-end encryption and protect data as it travels through the wires and network devices between the hosts., enabling the VM to VM traffic within the VM subnet to be automatically encrypted as it leaves the host and prevents snooping and manipulation of
traffic on the wire. This is done without requiring any configuration changes in the VMs themselves.
· Performance history for Storage Spaces Direct, which allow Administrators of Storage Spaces Direct get easy access to historical
performance and capacity data from their cluster.
· Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection, ,which provides deep platform sensors and response actions, providing visibility to
memory and kernel level attacker activities and abilities to take actions on compromised machines in response to incidents such as
remote collection of additional forensic data, remediating malicious files, terminating malicious processes etc.
· Windows Defender ATP Exploit Guard ,which is new set of host intrusion prevention capabilities, designed to lock down the device
against a wide variety of attack vectors and block behaviors commonly used in malware attack.
Compared windows sever 2019 to sever 2016
Safeguard Your Business
Microsoft technologies have security built-in to help safeguard data across devices and apps onsite or in the cloud, and help you
recover from business disruptions.
* Just In Time & Just Enough Administration
* Windows Defender for malware protection
* Trusted/Secure boot
* Shielded Virtual Machines
* Host Guardian Services
Improve IT Efficiency & Productivity
To help deliver increased efficiency and maximize your IT investment, Microsoft's technology gives you the business tools of a
much larger company, at the right price.
* Enhanced Containers
* Stretch clusters
* Rolling cluster OS upgrades
* Storage Spaces Direct
* Storage Replica
* Storage Quality of Service
Be Ready for the Cloud
Whether you are moving to the cloud now or in the future, get the best of both worlds. Microsoft technologies are design for
hybrid cloud IT environments.
* Encrypted Virtual Machines and Containers
* Azure Backup, Azure Storage, Azure Site Recovery
* Azure Active Directory
* Azure Remote Server Management Tools (RSMT)
* Operations Manager Suite